Sunday, September 13, 2009

Rescued by a 7-year old

So people like to tell me there are these nasty things called tarantulas here in Belize, but for a long time I didn't believe them. I liked to follow the "seeing is believing" rule. That worked really well until I found one in my bucket shower area. I got out quickly and found the only English speaking kid in my family that would listen to me. My amazing (sometimes) 7-year old host sister walked out there with me, looked at it and calmly said "you get it down and kill it". I laughed so hard. Misty (who also uses this shower area) got her host siblings and between the five of our host-siblings the tarantula was defeated. I don't think they will ever stop laughing at us freaking out. They don't understand why they are so creepy, but seriously those black, fuzzy things are not my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment