Friday, December 3, 2010

The rest :)

So normally one would expect a blog entitled "November" to follow the one entitled "October" since we are now in December. However, I am having a hard time grasping the idea that November is already over. Where did it go?

The weather here really throws me off. IT has been 16 months of relatively similar weather. Yeah May was crazy hot, the summer was rainier, and December is much "cooler" but really there isn't a huge difference in seasons. I wear the same clothes during the day all year round. I am worried, though, that I am getting a bit too used to it and something may be wrong with me. Last year Christmas time did not feel a whole lot like Christmas seeing as I was walking around in a skirt and tank top or tshirt the whole time. Yes nighttime was cold and that helped, but the days? This year, though, I have had goosebumps and actually have said the words "I'm freezing" in the middle of the day. Since when should I want a long sleeve shirt when it is the mid-upper 70s? Overnight low of 60 and I wear flannel pants, a sweatshirt, wrap up in a blanket and still feel cold :(



This all leads me to two thoughts...

1. I have adapted way too much.
2. While I am very excited for my trip home for Christmas in 10 days, it may be a miserably cold experience. :)

2 comments:

  1. Your ice festival days must seem far far away! Miss you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am FREEZING here in Belize, too! Can't imagine what you might be feeling back home!! Hope your Christmas with your family was absolutely fabulous!! They must be so happy to have you there! The difference in the States with the cold is they DO have something called 'heat'...even in the cars! And I think I remember hot showers??!? And for once, your face won't be flushed from the 115 heat index of Belize summer but the rosy 'chap' that the snowflakes and frigid air cause!! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete